Hoki is a Cognitive Neuroscience Researcher. She received her B.A. in Psychology from University of California Berkeley in 2015 and her M.Res. in Cognitive Neuroscience from University College London in 2016. She has been working as an academic researcher in Singapore since graduation, and is involved in a variety of brain-and-behavior projects.
She has a strong interest in higher executive function in both healthy and clinical populations. She utilizes behavioral testing and neuroimaging to explore the human mind, and is experienced in collecting and analyzing behavioral, structural MRI, resting-state fMRI and task-fMRI data.
In addition to brain research, she recently discovered a new passion in data science. She started learning computer science, machine learning, and deep learning in her spare time and won the 2019 Rolls-Royce Data Innovation Challenge. She is now pursuing a second master’s in Artificial Intelligence.
She is looking forward to incorporating these skills into her research work. Her latest project investigates how health habits affect brain structures in children using machine learning and 10,000+ brain data from the largest longitudinal study of brain development in the United States.
In her free time, she enjoys working out, learning new things, and spending time with friends.
- 07/2020: Participated in Neurohackademy – Data Science and Neuroimaging Hackathon
- 07/2020: Attended Neuromatch Academy – a summer school for Computational Neuroscience [Certificate]
- 07/2020: Attended 2020 OHBM Education Courses
- 07/2020: Received her Professional Certificate in Data Science from HarvardX [Certificate]
- 06/2020: Participated in the 2020 Organization for Human Brain Mapping Annual Meeting
- 05/2020: Participated in the 2020 Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting
- 02/2020: Joined Sleep and Cognition Laboratory at National University of Singapore as a Research Associate
- 11/2019: Datature won Top 12 Global Start-up in Slingshot 2019 [Media]